291 15.4 The Marketing Plan in Action
- Discuss how the marketing plan is used to coordinate efforts between the marketing team and other parts of the organization
- Explain how the marketing plan is used to track progress, evaluate impact, and adjust course where needed
- Explain why and how to update the marketing plan
Explain how the marketing plan is used by marketing and the overall organization
In the first few modules of the course we discussed the importance of the marketing planning process to create alignment between marketing activities, company objectives, and the corporate mission. At that point we hadn’t discussed the elements of the marketing plan in any detail, so we focused on the general outline of the planning process. But now you’re miles down the road, having learned about the marketing mix and many other elements of the marketing plan. It’s the perfect time to circle back and revisit the planning process and see the marketing plan in action.
- Reading: Using and Updating the Marketing Plan
- Self Check: The Marketing Plan in Action