245 13.3 Defining the Message
- Explain the role of consistent messaging in strengthening the impact of marketing communications
- Outline a standard framework for developing messaging for marketing communications
- Explain the importance of including a clear call to action in marketing communications
- Discuss how to develop effective messaging for marketing communications
At the center of any successful marketing activity is a message. Without a solid, consistent message, your marketing efforts are like a compass without an arrow: there is nothing to point your target audiences in the direction you want them to go.
Good messaging takes time and attention to develop, but this effort pays a huge dividend down the road—when your marketing activities have their desired effect on the hearts, minds, and wallets of the people you want to reach.
- Reading: Defining the Message
- Self Check: Defining the Message